HGIS caters to the needs of the Oil & Gas, Coal Mining and Civil Construction industry. We bring the best Health, Safety and Environment practices to our projects ensuring safety and reliability.
We pride ourselves in our high-quality standards in our project deliveries using the latest technological methods to provide detailed context as well as analytical tools for identifying patterns and making decisions by layering it with any type of base maps.
Our wide variety of solutions are catered for:
- Topographical and Detailed Survey.
- Underground Utilities Mapping (GPR & EML).
- Dimensional Control Survey.
- As-built Survey.
- Subsidence/Levelling/Precise Levelling Survey.
- GNSS Survey (Static & Real-Time Kinematics).
- Onshore Seismic Refraction and Reflection Survey.
- Onshore Unexploded Ordinance Survey.
- Electrical Resistivity Survey.
- Data Processing and Reporting in ACAD and GIS format.
- Installment of Permanent or Temporary Benchmark.
- Installment of Permanent Ground Marking.
- Signage for Buried Utility at Onshore Facility.
HGIS’ vast experience in Rig Moves and Positioning utilizing high precision satellite-based technology makes us one of the leading service providers in South East Asia. We feature the latest technological systems and adhere to the highest accuracy standards to ensure safe operations and most importantly, INTEGRITY.
Our wide range of support for offshore drilling programs includes:
- Exploration and Appraisal Wells at Open Location.
- Development Wells at Congested Area.
- Deepwater / Ultra Deepwater Wells.
- Well Killing Operations.
- Plug and Abandonment Campaigns.
- Latest DGNSS System (GPS & GLONASS) with Precise Point Positioning (PPP) technique (decimeter differential accuracy)
- QC Method through Multifix 6 (6th Gen differential GP real time position computation and QC package).
- Satellite reading from a minimum of five satellites (at PDOP
- RINEX Processing Capabilities for more accurate and reliable data for post-analysis and data preparation.
- Wi-Fi Telemetry and Handheld Tablet QC Monitoring for CSR.
- Key features include 3D GUI Navigation Software.
- Rig Navigation support for the deployment and recovery of subsea transponders used for DP operations.
HGIS provides support for offshore structure installation which includes pre-installation geophysical survey and high accuracy positioning & navigation during the structure installation.
Our solutions can support any type of structure installations for:
- Four-Legged Jackets
- Tripod Jackets
- Monopod Jackets
- Living Quarters
- Precisely determine the general bathymetry within the survey area.
- Identify any naturally-occurring seabed obstruction or hazard.
- Determine and delineate possible sub-seabed features that may pose a constraint or hazard in foundation implication.
- Acquire, inspect and delineate shallow, sub-seabed geological structures and soil variations.
- Identify any major obstacles and existing pipelines or other seabed installations which include any debris or obstacles that could hinder the installation of the jacket/platform.
- Identify and locate and set buoys to mark existing pipelines and other underwater Installations in the area of the work.
- Precise Positioning and Navigation support during lifting, float, upend and emplace jacket to the seabed.
- Support in touchdown monitoring for installation/driving of piles.
- Jacket levelling, pile cut-off and pile transition piece installation.
- As-built jacket survey.
- As-built Topside Module Decks Survey.
Pre and Post Installation Site Survey
HGIS’ flexibility in various modes of acquisition marks our expertise in geophysical survey. By understanding the geological and geophysical characteristics of the site location, we can decide which methods and equipment are best used to attain the highest quality of data. This translates into more accurate results and faster surveys, thus cutting down on time and cost.
Platform Jacket/Topside Installation
HGIS supports the installation of the platform jacket and topside through high precision processes and machineries that proceed to increase efficiency in processes and costs.
Other Related Services
- Offshore Structure Decommissioning Support Services
- Subsea Christmas Tree Installation Support
- BMS & TMS positioning support for 4/8/9 mooring anchor (FSO, Work Barge, Work Boat)
- ROV Underwater Positioning and Tracking Support
- FPSO/FSO/FSU Mooring Installation
HGIS holds an extensive track record in supporting the offshore construction and installation sector. We have been supporting main construction companies for the Pan Malaysia Transportation & Installation of Offshore Facilities since 2010.
HGIS is a service provider that truly understands the nature and processes of offshore construction and installation offering the best solutions for the installation of:
- Rigid Pipelines
- Flexible Flowline and Umbilical
- Spoolpiece / Jumper and Tie-In Operations
- Subsea Structure such as PLEMS or PLETS
- Subsea Power or Fiber Optic Cables
- Expertise in Inertial Navigation System (INS) results in potential time and equipment savings leading to a reduction in overall costs.
- Integration of high accuracy tools to provide real-time positioning and navigation and overcoming any drop-outs.
- HGIS BMS & TMS X-BOX proven design and survey grade instrumentation with high accuracy, reliability and update rate.
- Latest Sonardyne 6G Technology with improved accuracy in precise acoustic range and high-speed data telemetry.
- Acquire accurate reports on the final absolute position to monitor and detect any lateral displacement. (horizontal alignment).
- Identify and assess the status of freespans, uplifts, trenching works and self-burial along the product route (vertical alignment).
- Report accurate positions of any external damage, debris/seabed features in close proximity to the product.
- Receive your data and reporting with OGP Seabed Survey Data Model (SSDM) compliance formatting.
Route Clearance Survey for PRE-FEED or FEED Stage
Pre-Lay or Post-Lay Survey (Offshore/ Nearshore)
Pipe Lay Positioning & Navigation Support
Other Related Services
- Provision of Onshore Engineering and Topographical Survey.
- Provision Survey Support for Trenching and Dredging Operations.
- Provision of Post Pipeline/Cable Burial Survey.
- Provision of Survey Support for Rock Installation Operations.
- Provision of Positioning Support for ROV Inspections / Installations.
- Decommissioning and Abandonment Survey Support.
HGIS has been supporting a large amount of Topside Major Maintenance as well as Hook-Up and Commissioning for the offshore oil and gas industry. Our solutions encompass the safety aspect of safe anchor handling operations ensuring operations efficiency, cost reductions and faster project turn-around.
Our Barge Management System and Tug Management Systems supports:
- Accommodation Work Boat
- Accommodation Work Barge
- Stand-Alone Anchor Handling Tug
- Anchor Deployment and Retrieval using our specialized Barge & Tug Management System.
- Enhanced BMS & TMS X_BOX™ ensures prompt mobilisation anywhere and anytime.
- Increase troubleshooting response time and the safety of the crew with our Wi-Fi telemetry system.
- Monitor progress through a remote tablet that can be accessed anywhere.
- Long Base Line (LBL) acoustic positioning system high accuracy acoustic metrology.
Since 2008, we have been supporting IRM projects by providing innovative solutions to reduce inspection time and producing reliable reports for decision making. Our meticulous planning of subsea operations has ensured safe deployment for ROVs and achieved high accuracy in underwater positioning.
Our support for the subsea sector includes:
- Underwater Inspection for Client’s Offshore Facilities, Offshore Structures, Pipelines, Subsea Equipment, Mooring Buoy, Floating Production and/or Storage Facilities that are carried out at regular intervals.
- Maintenance & Repair Work for Client’s Offshore Facilities
- Engineering Works
- Subsea Metrology Works
Long Baseline System (LBL) Capabilities
HGIS expertise in LBL solutions allows our Clients to perform subsea operations in the most challenging conditions. From extreme shallow water depth up to deep water, we offer a solution that fits all situations.
Using Sonardyne 6G technology the setup of the system is much more efficient, contributing to time and cost savings for high profile projects with the ability to perform simultaneous baseline calibrations.
We offer LBL Solutions for:
- Free Span Survey
- Spool Metrology
- PLEM/PLET/SETP Installation & Measurements
- Limitless ROV Tracking at extreme shallow water depth
The increase in demand to evaluate the performance and health of platform have searched the need for Structural Integrity Monitoring. HGIS solutions reduces the need for Schedule Base Inspection which contributes to tremendous amount of cost savings. It also assists with re-certification or way-forward analysis of the structure/platform.
HGIS caters comprehensive solutions pertaining to the assessment and monitoring of the structure/platform covering:
- Structural Deformation Survey
- Continuous Subsidence Monitoring Survey (CSMS)
- Structural Dynamic Monitoring And Integrity Assessment
- Platform Air Gap Surveys
- Platform Verification Surveys
The combination of the above services will enable clients to assess the full structural integrity of the asset which contributes to clarity in decision making, greater cost efficiency and higher safety aspects of the lifespan of the structure/platform.
- Long Term Assessment of Structural Integrity.
- Extend Structure’s Operating Life.
- Optimize Inspection Schedules.
- Prevent Damage During Rig Moves and Jacking Operations.
- Online Data Portal via Siri-Live.
- Optional Post Processing and Reporting of Data.
Platform Deformation Survey
Offshore platforms are exposed to deformation due to the instability of the platform and other factors caused by plate motion or post-seismic motions of an earthquake. The use of Space Geodetic Techniques, particularly Global Navigation Satellites System (GNSS,) to monitor the deformation of a structure has been increasing in demand over the years.
Platform Deformation Survey is necessary to detect and estimate the motion rate and the displacement magnitude between two GNSS observation epochs. Combined with terrestrial levelling technique, a complete deformation analysis can be performed in terms of point displacement, platform tilting as well as the orientation.
Continuous Subsidence Monitoring Survey (CSMS)
Continuous Subsidence Monitoring Survey (CSMS) is the operations of determining the subsidence over a longer time frame. This technique uses GNSS data, processes the data by utilising specialised processing software and then analyses the geometrical stability and vertical motion on the offshore platforms.
Structural Dynamic Monitoring and Integrity Assessment
Exclusive agent of
Siri Marine B.V. specializes in Condition & Motion Monitoring and owns in-house manufactured integrated Motion Sensors which is a state-of-the-art monitoring system. HGIS is now proudly the Malaysian Local Agent for Siri Marine B.V.
While deformation survey assesses the subsidence and displacement of the structure/platform, offshore structures and even onshore structures are exposed also to natural forces such as weight/load, wind forces, waves, jack-up-up leg subsidence and even earthquakes in specific seismic areas. All these causes the natural frequency of motions/impacts to the structure which in the long run may lead to changes in the condition and structural integrity of an object.
Therefore, by having to perform a Structural Dynamic Monitoring and Integrity Assessment, the health and fatigue of structures/platform can be monitored 24/7 to assess the integrity with its behavior on the natural frequency vs the designed frequency. It can also be used as a decision support tool during rig moves and jacking operations to prevent immediate damage.
The JF40 MEMS-based Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
The JF40 is a MEMS based accurate and reliable inertial measurement unit. High data quality is ensured through temperature calibration from -20 to +50°C for bias, gain, cross-axis and linearity. Its solid state design in combination with the rugged stainless steel enclosure ensures reliable operation in most environments.
Unix based processing unit BlackBox
The BlackBox is a Unix based processing unit. It combines powerful data processing capabilities with data acquisition functionality. Implementation of new input and output protocols allow support for a wide range of sensors and easy integration in third-party systems.