This role is responsible for planning and executing positioning and navigation tasks and data acquisition on, and being able to run/lead, projects of low to medium complexity. Responsible for the correct offsets, measurements and calibrations of positioning equipment; the set-up and/or operation of survey equipment; carrying out computations and the compilation of survey reports; and the appropriate QC of data, computations and reports. Also, to perform administrative duties that include maintaining an accurate and complete logbook.
- To ensure that all onshore and offshore activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism, in accordance with the company Integrated Management System and project specific documentation.
- To complete assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- To assist with setup, interface, test, calibrate and operate survey sensors.
- Operate online survey software and monitor the data quality to ensure the survey specification is achieved, bringing non-conformances to the attention of supervisor.
- To collect, collate and present results from various survey sensors.
- Assist with preparation of various reports including mobilization and calibration reports. Maintaining up-to-date and accurate vessel survey logs.
- To attend project briefings, daily meetings and safety meetings as appropriate. To gain experience with processing software and techniques.
- Develop skills across various offshore disciplines.
- To be proactive in self-development and progress towards professional affiliation. Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher in Surveying, GIS, Geophysics, and/or a technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- MS Office skills, ability to quickly learn proprietary software.
- Must have good listening skills and the ability to implement instruction and give instructions to others in English.
- Experience in Navigation, AutoCAD/Mapping, Computer Science Field, Electronics, GPS/GIS is a plus.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Open to Thai nationality.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given ie. experience, additional job requirements, and/or business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available ie. Party Chief, Senior Surveyor, etc.