The Survey Engineer performs all office and field related engineering assignments as defined by the Technical, Project or Operations Manager.
- To work closely with other field staff offshore, with Project Surveyor and Technical Department on project basis.
- Assist surveyor and party chief as required.
- Operate competently all relevant survey equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance; repair and operational status of all survey equipment mobilized on board the survey vessel.
- Fault finding, repair and maintenance of electronic, computer and electromechanical equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment failures are documented and reported to the Base Engineer/Technical Manager.
- Ensure that all equipment transfers are recorded and reported to the Base Office.
- Installation and interfacing of equipment and data communications networks on board ships.
- Calibration and verification of measuring devices.
- Operating surface and underwater positioning systems/ Operating geophysical survey systems.
- Development of existing survey systems to fulfil specific project requirements.
- Ensure reporting is of the highest standards
- Associate degree or higher in any Engineering field or Survey related education.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- MS Office skills, ability to quickly learn proprietary software.
- Must have good listening skills and the ability to implement instruction and give instructions to others in English.
- Experience in Navigation, AutoCAD/Mapping, Computer Science Field, Electronics, GPS/GIS is a plus.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Open to Thai nationality.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given ie. experience, additional job requirements, and/or business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available ie. Senior Survey Engineer, Senior Technical Engineer, Project Coordinator, Project Manager, etc.
Closing Date: N/A